Gigs and things to catch up on.
This is Ollie's Roadie costume. His roadie name is "Strench" He used to tour back in the day.
Mel tried to say soaked and drenched at the same time when Ollie was wet and it came out Strench.
I did a gig with Ken's Pro Sound. The AF bnd was playing this gig. So I got to work the other side.
It was the Vacaville tree lighting. Fun time. Got a little too cold.
Also had the Xmas concerts with the Air Force band. Pretty simple this year. Most gigs I only need 4 microphones. Tough work if you can get it.
I did a gig for my friend Mike as well. It was with the Vacaville youth conservatory. My friend Matt Thomas works there teaching a percussion ensemble. His son plays in the piano group as well.
This was a challenging one as they like it loud on stage and the choir doesn't like to sing out.
I also needed some extreme eq on the Violin and viola. Cheap gear is difficult.
And for my last xmas concert I had Pasquale. I did this one last year in San Mateo. This gig can be tough. However I've gotten used to the long rehearsals before the show. It helps me really dial in the sound but at some point I'm done.
More Oliver stuff to follow. Merry Christmas.
LOU
Sunday, December 25, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment